Home Buyer Education
Florida’s Premier Online Homebuyer Education
Learn how to:
- Shop for a home
- Secure a mortgage loan
- Maintain your home
$99.00/ Per Registration
Certificate awarded upon completion
Buying a home is probably the biggest, most expensive purchase you will ever make. Educating yourself before you become a homeowner can help you get the best home for your money. This course will help you understand the terms used in the home-buying process, the professionals you’ll work with, and the documents you’ll need to close your loan. You’ll learn what to expect as you go through the process of shopping for and buying a home. You’ll learn how to get the best deal, and how to avoid predatory lenders. You will receive a certificate when you finish the course.
- This course helps you become a financially savvy homeowner. You’ll learn why you need to get your finances in shape, and how to do it, before you even start looking at houses. You’ll learn how to create a budget, check your credit report and get your financial documents in order. Doing all of this help you be well-prepared to apply for a loan.
- Realtors? Home inspectors? Underwriters? You’ll learn about the professionals that are involved in the home-buying process, and their role in making sure you get into the home that best fits your needs and budget.
- You’ll learn how to find the right lender, and how to questionable or predatory lending schemes.
- There’s more to buying a home that just finding one you like. You’ll learn how to select the right home – or build one, if that’s the option you prefer. Ultimately, your goal is to find a home you like that fits your budget and your needs.
- You’ll learn about the credit approval process and many of the types of loans available for homebuyers. Some specialized loans may be available to you based on your income, vocation or other criteria. After you get your loan, you’ll learn about the steps involved in making an offer and closing on the purchase of your new home.
- You’ll learn how to be a good homeowner. This course includes lists of seasonal maintenance chores. You’ll learn why repairs and maintenance are essential when you’re living in your home, and when you want to sell it
Online Home Buyer Education System requirements
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or above
- Internet Access
- Windows XP SP 2 or above
- E-mail account
- Java Script should be enabled
- Java should be enabled (download here)
- Cookies should be enabled
Be sure to talk to your lender prior to registering as not all programs accept online education if you’re not sure, choose in-person classroom education where available.